The Vincennes University Honors Program is open to outstanding students of all majors who wish to develop their talents to the fullest. Through a combination of honors courses, leadership opportunities, cultural events, and creative activity, the Honors Program is designed to enhance the intellectual lives of the students who participate as well as the University's academic community.
Students in the Honors Program are distinguished by their participation in this special program. Academic honors may be an additional distinction for Honors students as well as other students at VU. The Honors Program definitely has its advantages, including scholarships, enrichment activities, and special academic benefits.
Participation in the Honors Program includes the following benefits:
- A breadth and depth of knowledge and skills that employees prioritize
- A learning community for high-achieving students with networking possibilities
- Leadership opportunities and personalized study opportunities with faculty members
- Field trips and social events
- Unique, enhanced learning opportunities, experiences, and projects in major program courses
- Courses fulfill University Core Curriculum requirements as well as reading/writing and speaking intensive requirements
- Program participation scholarship of about $250 each semester
- Housing grants of up to $500 per semester available for students who live in VU dorms and preferential placement in dorm rooms with other High-GPA and honors students
- Opportunities for additional scholarships and guidance in application
- Official transcript reflects Honors Program course completion